Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Baby Book

A few days ago I got the baby book back from the printer. I'm so excited about the way it turned out. (This photo makes his skin look really dark, but it doesn't look like that on the book.) I designed it with inspiration from many, many comic book covers. I feel like I did my research for this project, but I'm glad I did. It looks like a combination of a few comic books that I really liked. It was only fitting that this photo make the front, since it is what inspired the whole "Super Preston" thing in the first place.

His Super Lineage and Secret Identity.

On the inside I wanted to continue with the comic book theme, but obviously couldn't illustrate an entire comic book. I'd be working on it for years. So I decided to just put photos in what looks like a comic strip. There is a page like this for each month recording how much he weighed and how tall he was, as well as some milestones for each month. His "official" month picture is on the top right of each spread.

And the back cover he is flying off to save the world. What do you think?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Holly,

This is fantastic! I absolutely LOVE it!

Heather J said...

All your hard work paid off because that looks awesome! Preston will love reading that when he is older.